From wendywoowho - The Life and Thoughts of Zach — LiveJournal
Jun. 30th, 2004
01:42 pm - From wendywoowho
01. Buy everyone in the pub a drink - I did get bought a drink by a bartender because I'd convinced everyone in the bar to have shots with me for like 7 rounds straight. But I wasn't buying.
02. Swim with dolphins - Those fuckers'll tear you to shreds.
03. Climb a mountain - Camped on the side of a mountain in Denali's Wilderness area. That was sweet. No "gear" required though, it wasn't a big mountain at all.
04. Take a Ferrari for a test drive
05. See the Pyramids at night
06. Hold a tarantula
07. Take a candlelit bath with someone
08. Say 'I love you' and mean it
09. Hug a tree
10. Do a striptease
11. Do a bungee or parachute jump
12. Visit Paris
13. Watch a lightning storm at sea - I've been on the sea, I've seen a lightening storm over the sea, but I haven't seen a lightning storm over the sea while I've been on the sea.
14. Clean behind the fridge
15. Stay up all night long, and watch the sun rise - Too many times to count.
16. Ask the question you've always been too embarrassed to ask. No question goes unasked for long with me. Occasionally I'll wait for years but curiosity always wins out.
17. See the Northern Lights - Only faintly, in both Alaska and UP Michigan
18. Go to a huge sports game - football, rugby, baseball, American football, etc - Been to lots of Cubs games.
19. Create your own masterpiece - I've created a lot of things. I guess one of them has to be a masterpiece for now until I make something cooler.
20. Grow and eat your own vegetables - Do fruits count?
21. Touch an iceberg
22. Have an office relationship
23. Sleep under the stars - Many times. Notable times involved way too many mosquitos and were not intentional. (the time I left our tent in the back of a truck we'd hitchhiked in, and the time we failed to get a room in a hostel in france and so just camped with no gear, sleeping on top of our bags so they woulnd't get stolen).
24. Compromise - almost always.
25. Change a baby's nappy - my sister.
26. Take a trip in a hot air balloon
27. Watch a meteor shower - In Yellowstone, laying on my back on some access road in utter and complete darkness.
28. Get drunk on champagne
29. Take a luxury holiday - If taking the sleeper car to New Orleans counts.
30. Give more than you can afford to charity - I gave about 25% of my income to the UC-IMC last year.
31. Look up at the night sky through a telescope - Saw the rings of Saturn.
32. Have an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment - I've had many uncontrollable fits but at the worst moments I've managed to maintain control.
33. Have a food fight - only minor pea flinging incidents
34. Bet on a winning horse
35. Take a sick day when you're not ill
36. Get a pet
37. Ask a stranger out - I guess cassiopia counts...though technically she asked me out.
38. Have a snowball fight - Once in high school there was a completely spontaneous 300+ person snowball fight.
39. Photocopy your bottom on the office photocopier
40. Scream as loudly as you possibly can - Very fun. Everyone should try it.
41. Hold a lamb
42. Enact a favorite fantasy - I've enacted many things that I'd previously only thought of. I don't know if I've ever had a "favorite" fantasy. Sometimes I think in my life that I am living in fantasy constantly, given how many great seemingly unrealistic things have come to pass.
43. Take a midnight skinny dip
44. Hear the words 'I love you'
45. Fly on Concorde
46. Take an ice cold bath - Well ice cold showers, and I've been in ice cold bodies of water to swim. I like ice cold water a LOT when it's hot out.
47. Have a meaningful conversation with a beggar
48. See a total eclipse - I think the one in 1994 or so was total. If not, it was pretty close.
49. Ride a roller coaster - All the time when I lived up by Chicago. I should get my ass to Great America this summer.
50. Hit a home run - Heh. Only metaphorically.