I'm going to be giving two very informal talks at an upcoming event. One is on "Taoism in Le Guin" and the other is called "Media and Activism". Here is the selected reading list for both talks. I absolutely don't expect folks who come to the talks to actually have read all of this. I'm posting it here mainly so I can point participants in the event to the list with a simple URL.
Taoism in Le Guin - Yin and Yang, Feminism and Masculinity, Power and Struggle, Earth and Sky, Dragons and People, Light and Dark, Authority and Participation, Words and Action, Making and Nurturing, Logic and Intuition - The Hinge, The Eyes, and Mu
- A Non-Euclidean View of California as a Cold Place to Be (1982, 1983, The Yale Review) from Dancing at the Edge of the World: Thoughts on Words, Women, Places by Ursula K. Le Guin (1989)
- The Serpentine Codex and other excerpts from Always Coming Home by Ursula K. Le Guin (1985)
- The Earthsea Cycle by Ursula K. Le Guin
- Tao Te Ching: A Book About the Way and the Power of the Way by Lao Tzu, interpreted by Ursula K Le Guin (1998)
- Zen Circle, Yin-Yang, Heyiya-if, Mu by Zach Miller
All of these links are to full text documents.
- We Are Everywhere: The Irrestistible Rise of Global Anti-Capitalism (2003)
- Indymedia's Frequently Asked Questions (2005)
- Quaker Peace Testimony (Bearing Witness)
- Steal This Radio! by Peter Spagnuolo
- Beyond Democracy? by crimethInc
- No Gods (pt.1) and No Masters (pt.2) by crimethInc
- An Anarchist FAQ (2005)
- Consensus Decision Making from Wikipedia