Brain Explody - The Life and Thoughts of Zach
Dec. 20th, 2004
10:54 pm - Brain Explody
Here's what I've got happening all simultaneously right now:
- Clean my house for the party.
- Put in the 40 hours of side-project work that is available to me that will pay all my bills.
- Write 20 pages or so of documentation for the January 1st benchmark for the Wireless Project.
- Move the DNS for 80 domains that I host over to a new DNS server.
- Move my server over to OJC and do the massive IP renumbering madness neccessary.
- Continue to hassle McLeod and Sol Tec about getting some new connectivity at my house.
- Fix the broken power supply on the workstation that I built to replace the broken laptop.
- Fix the broken laptop.
- Visit with out of town friends on Tuesday.
- Go Christmas shopping.
- Go home for Christmas.
- Figure out how to pay lapsed bills without money.
- Fix webmail on my server which is STILL down a month after it first broke.
I have no idea how I'm going to get all of this done, or even where to begin prioritizing. I mean this server business (which affects 20,000 unique users of my mailing lists across 80 organizations), my party (to which at least 50-100 people are anticipated to come over the week), and the wireless documentation (the culmination of a year's worth of work, reporting back to the granting organization) are all TIP TOP ABSOLUTE priority. And then of course I have negative money right now so the thing I most want to do is the 40 hours of $50/hour independent contract work that would solve all my financial problems that is just sitting there waiting to be done. Oh and I've had a lingering cold ever since I got back from DC.
Time to stop LJing and get to work.
So um...I've always laughed at online beggars and this is slightly embarrassing but if you are coming to the party and you'd like to pitch in towards it's success I'd love it if you made a donation. $5, $10, $50, whatever. It all adds up to helping buy the booze, pay for the bands/DJs/sound system, etc. Thanks!Oh and anyone who happens to show up to the house on Monday or Tuesday wishing to help with party setup will be pressed into service!